Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Birthday! Fun Circus Seal Card!

I have a stack of cards from when I first started crafting that need a make over! (Hoarder). Over the years I have learned new techniques and acquired lots of supplies. I finally decided to pick one and make it over using my new style and my supplies!






My Before:

My After:

I love it! I think it looks completely different! 
Since the card was so old the pops dots had dried up, so I was able to take most the card apart. Then I punched new circles and added my touches. Then put it all back together. I think it took me longer to re-do this card because I was working with the basic lay-out already in place.

Seal from Create a Critter
1/2" Circle punch
The Twinery Twine: Shore, Buttercream, Pink Sorbet
Liquid Pearls: Daffodil, Baby Blue, Ruby Red
Stickles: True Blue and StarDust
Glitter Yellow Skittles from DoubleClick
Ticket Punch
Happy Birthday Stamp Docerela Creations
Tim Holtz Distressed ink Walnut Stain

Entering into:
Use it Tuesdays: Birthdays + Hoarded supplies Primary Papers and card base
Amuse Studio: Color Trends (rainbow)
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Scrappy Moms: Outdoors
Lil Red Wagon: Project Make over
Dl Art: Summer
4 Crafty Chicks: Boys
All that Stickles: True Blue
Craftin desert Diva: Summer
The Twinery: Circus

Featured at Lil red Wagon

29 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card!!! The seal is so adorable and adding the twine and liquid pearls around the balls was genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply darling! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card from your die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is just the cutest thing ever! The first one is cute, but...the second just rocks it! Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw this makes me smile, love that silly seal....Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so SUPER ADORABLE!!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #113 SUMMER !! challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This was really fun to see! What a difference some twine & some stitching make!

    So cute!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest ever, Carri! THe twine on the balls is the most darling of all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carri, your are blowing us away with all this cuteness! This is so darling:) I love you seal and the twine around the balls are super cute! Very creative!
    Have a super day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Love the new and improved, but the first one was already terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh very nice!!! Great idea :)

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooooooooo cute!! LOVING that seal and love love love how you made those balls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow a few embellies really jazz up this card

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little seal is just too super sweet! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a lovely cute card thanks for sharing with use it tuesday happy crafting to you
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome "for the boys" card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love this card !! The colors the details the balls !! Super cute !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah! Let's hear it for rainbow! I love the before and after on your card. It shows how embellishments can really make a card pop. Your card has a lot of embellishments on it but it doesn't look like it does. Awesome-sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous makeover! I love how your added embellishments make the card much more festive! Thanks for playing along with us over at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute!! My style has changed so much since I first started, what a neat idea to go back and make it your new style.

    ~Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for playing our "Here it for the Boys" Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT!
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very clever use of the twine. I love the transformation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute. What a great idea to make over some old cards. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Summer“ Linky Party. New Linky Party
    starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super adorable boy card! I love the seal, layout and colors for a birthday card. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete