Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back To School Book Worm Volunteer Notebook!

My girls have been in school for 5 weeks already! It may be September but here in Arizona we are still seeing temperatures of 108 so it still feels like summer! 

If all goes as planned, this will automatically post because we will be installing my Daughter's furniture today! We had a set back with the paint colors, which originally were watermelon green and pink. However, once on the wall the green was really cartoon looking so it was back to square one. After many paint samples she finally picked Mint Majesty! We are thinking yellow for accent but that will be decided after the furniture gets moved in!

My Daughter needed a way to track her volunteer hours, so I made her this altered mini notebook. Her requests was that it had lots of ribbon on the side and her name so no one would steal it.  (She never recovered from when someone stole the bookmark I made her in 1st grade!)

Here is her book:


Before:


After:
Book worm from April Showers Cricut Cartridge
Megan letters from Plantin Schoolbook
Papers from my School scrap pile
Icicle Stickles
All ribbons are from my ribbon scrap jug
The Twinery Twine: Peapod, Hand sewed X's
Red Brad

Entering into:
Amuse Studio: Back to School
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Back to School
Scrappy Moms: Gone Buggy
 Crafty Creations: Back to School
 Just B Creative: linky party 
Dl Art: linky party
Lil Red Wagon: Back to School
The Twinery: Put an X on it


33 comments:

  1. YAY for a new room!! LOVING the altered notebook!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the book worm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable!!! Sorry about her bookmark! Now you'll just have to make her another matching one for this cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, perfect for Megan to keep track...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that little wormy is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pink worm is way too cute ~ what a sweet mom are!!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable!! What a cute worm!! That face is so sweet!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to record volunteer hours. i love that so many young people are doing volunteer work. My son has to keep track of his hours too. Don't think he'd go for a decorated notebook. I love the X-stitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet and such a wonderful idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the pink inch worm and fun little apples:)I am sure Megan loved it!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is ADORABLE!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend!!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute Carri, love the fun worm! I'm sure she loves the notebook :)
    Hope you start to cool off soon. I live by the beach and we've been having close to 90 degree weather - now I know it's not 108, but it sure is hot for us :)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't blame your daughter for not getting over someone swiping her homemade bookmark!! Your notebook definitely has plenty of pretty ribbons on it. I love the design and I'm sure your daughter does too. Hey, we "only" hit 89 today down south of y'all. Maybe cooler weather is coming??? Thanks for joining us at the A Muse Studio back to school challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG what a cute little creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BACK TO SCHOOL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to take it from drab to fab! I'm sure your daughter loves it!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at LRW!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super cute! Love it! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Stinking cute!! Love the twine on this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable project! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a reading teacher, so I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This notebook turned out so adorable! I bet she loved it. I love also that she volunteers so much she has to keep track of her hours! Way to go Megan!!
    Good luck with the furniture. I'm dying to see the room so I hope you plan to share photos. Did you have a good weekend?? Get any scrapping done? I did not! I've hurt my wrist and I am in denial. So I'm hoping to just stop using it until it is better! ha hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Carri:) I hope you were able to finish your daughters room. The mini book is adorable and I'm sure she LOVED it:) It's been really hot here too and barely today temps went down to 65-75 degrees unlike the other days in the 100's making it harder to work out. I'm sure your daughters room will turn out amazing.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all that ribbon! Why don't I ever think to personalize notebooks?! Seeing her name cut out and such makes me wonder why on earth I use Sharpies or a label maker for such things.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! ~hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute note book.love that little pink worm.I bet your daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete