Sunday, June 12, 2011

First DIGI Stamp!

After watching the tutorial on Dilsaver Designs on how to color a Digi Stamp using Crayola and baby oil I wanted to try it out!

My first attempt at the skin color came out yellow, so I started over using a different colored pencil. I used the Crayola twistables, baby oil, and blending stumps.

I enjoyed the technique and will definitely be practicing!

Here she is....




Oval from Tags, Bags Boxes and More
Paper from DCWV Mat Stack
Kraft Cardstock
Digi from Dilsaver Designs
Buttons, ribbon
My Creative Time: WOW! So many candles Stamp

Thanks Lucianna!

Entering into:
Dilsaver Designs:  Tutorial Digi

***UPDATE***

Here is the card my 10 year old daughter made.
I think she did a fabulous job!
She really enjoyed shadowing and testing colors!


16 comments:

  1. o wow this is so cute, well done on trying something new xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the blending - are you sure this is your first time lol. I will warn you its addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, u did a supr job! It is addicting, try mineral spirits, it seems to work better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so awesome, Carri! I've been wanting to try digi stamps, but haven't yet. You did such a great job coloring...love it :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the colors you used, you did a fantastic job. It really is trial & error with the colors, some work and some don't. Same with the baby oil and OMS, some love the baby oil and others prefer the OMS. It's an adorable card, I am glad you joined us, hope you had a fun time playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a wonderful card !!!!I love so much.This is my first time in here..and I love evrything in here.I´m follower now.
    I wish a great week.
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job!! I never would have thought this was your first Digi! I have never heard of the crayola and oil thing! Sounds interesting:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! It is fun learning something new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job! I've never heard of this coloring technique but I must say you did a fab job! Congratulations on your first digi!
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out great! I love that ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out wonderfully! I use baby oil with my prismas and love it! Glad it is working well for you too!
    Tara
    P.S. is that multi coloured ribbon or was that something you did?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's beautiful Carri! Great job.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your daughter's is so sweet, she did an outstanding job. It is so fun to keep testing the highlights and shadowing and coming up with different color schemes. I am so glad she had fun, she definitely needs to keep doing it, she's a natural ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job, Very pretty. I got those digis from Lucianna, also. I've got four days to get mine done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job - both of you! I especially like the way the hair came out!

    ReplyDelete