Sunday, January 20, 2019

Happy Birthday card! Anyone else have sticky Cricut Cartridges?? :/

Hello craft friends! I pulled out and my Cricut and started organizing the cartridges and noticed most of them had a stickyness to them. I did some Google searches and it seems over time the plastic breaks down. I hope this will not affect the use of the cartridge! Someone suggested carefully using baby powder. So I carefully used a small paint brush and brushed the powder over the cartridges. It was time consuming, and frustrating but it did seem to work, for now anyways... Has anyone else had this issue? Am I the only one still using the original Cricut Expression with cartridges??


I used all scrap papers from Simple Stories Faith Collection
I fussy cut the flowers
Picket fence Die cut
House from Winterwonderland Cricut Cartidge
Washi tape, stickles, tiny word sticker, pom pom trim
Happy Birthday Docerela Creations Stamp 
DoubleClick Skittles: Banana 

Entering into:
Cardz TV: Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar: Make it flowery
Crafty Creations: Anything Goes
Cute card Thursday: Banish the blues
Dl Art: Linky Party 
CCC Digi Creations: Happy Birthday
  
Follow on Bloglovin 


Follow me on Instagram!
Instagram

Skittle Lovin'! 


Check them out here!

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love the layers and details!! Sadly, I haven't used my Cricut in years. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Cricut started on fire a few years ago, and I ended up trashing it ... so I don't know ... sorry!! I love your card! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card! I love the layers and so much detail..thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh Carri, I have no clue about that. I haven't had my cartridges out since I got the Explore, now I will have to go check them! Will come back and let you know if I have the same issue. Did you keep your cartridges in the original boxes or in something else? Love the card, it is festive and so happy feeling. Love the house and flowers as well. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful project! I love all the layers and color! I hope your cartridges continue to work! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love this, the distressing and layers are fabulous. I must admit I haven't looked at my cartridges in a long time, must check them out, that is a concern!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carri, I looked at my cartridges and they are getting sticky too. I'm flabbergasted. lol I wonder if alcohol wipes would removed the stickiness? I will have to try it, if not then I guess it is baby powder. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable and screams springtime!!! Love your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cartridges are sticky icky too! Very pretty card with the birdhouse and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty birthday card!! I have not yet had that problem with my cartridges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Carrie, I never heard of that - mine seem fine they are all in the original case
    Thanks for joining the DL.ART FEBRUARY LINKY challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have the sticky problem!

    ReplyDelete