Thursday, May 12, 2011

Time to get rid of all that Scrap pattern paper!

Since Cathie with the Creative Cutter Room is on her Creative Cutter Alaskan Adventure I thought I would  share a quick tip  with you!


I have lots of pattern paper scraps:



Since I make cards 99% of the time, I cut my pattern paper scraps to the size of my two top card layers for a size A2 card.

First layer is cut at 5 1/4 X 4:



Second layer is cut at 5 X 3 3/4:


Then I match colors together, use a border punch, add string, round the corners and adhere them together:


Then when I am ready to make a card I just pick a card base and I am ready to go!

You can also use this technique on a lay-out when making  photo mats!

Hope you enjoyed this quick tip!

16 comments:

  1. Great tip, I know I have alot of scraps like that. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of scraps and will be using this quick tip!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I am going to go through all my scraps and do alittle cutting!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fantastic idea,... me too got loads and loads of scraps. .. hey sorry not been so much around lately, been so busy lately.. I sure have missed a lot after scrolling down a bit. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun little tutorial! Great idea. I'm never quite that organized though! LOL Maybe you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep these great tips coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched this the other day and wanted to come back and comment! Blogger wouldn't let me comment then:( I really loved your idea and think maybe I could even use it even though I know you saw I don't do many cards! EEK:) May be this would help put together a card quickly!!!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so many "little" scraps that I need to start making projects to use them up. I love the idea of having card bases ready to go. I actually have a few sitting around and need to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tip! I have noticed my scrap pile is getting out of hand lately!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips, thanks for sharing! My scrap piles (yes I have more then one!) are out of control so this would be perfect to get them organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic tip! time to organize mine too, just piling on my drawer. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good idea Carrie.. thanks for sharing it with us. hugs from ukaih

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, makes things so much easier. I would share where my scrap papers are, but I am too embarrassed lol eeek!!

    ~Sheena

    ReplyDelete