Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday Party Invite!

A friend of mine asked if I could do a party invitation for her little girl. She wanted it to be pink. Here is what I came up with:



I used an envelope to make this! (I saw a Utube video for this about a year ago, sorry can't remember who.) I cut the top off, used cricut markers to make the party time, decorated it with stamps then pushed it into my paper crimper, this makes the bottom of the envelope a little smaller so the top can slip on. I first used the markers to draw the cupcake from the Stamping Cricut Cartridge, then I cut it out added glitter, glossy accents, and embossing. Added some prima flowers and string around the top.

The inside is patten paper with matching card stock on top. I will be printing the party info and gluing it to the pink part.

I am entering this into : The pink Stamper: So your challenge is to incorporate an envelope into your project. Use an envelope in a layout, make an envelope to go with a card you have made, or make your project with an envelope,

12 comments:

  1. Very cute. I would have never thought of using an envelope to make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about this technique. I do love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like it! So creative, TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....this is really awesome! And you should totally get that mini monsters. I love it. There is nothing not to love about it. I think I may have to get robotz too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great party invitation. That little girl is going to be extremely happy with the outcome.

    Georgiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card. Do forget to stop over at my blog and follow and comment for my without warning GIVEAWAYS.

    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea and adorable card!! And of course.... I am lovin' all the pink!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Love everything about this car. The birthday girl is going to love the invitation. Love the big jem used:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I've seen this before but had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete