Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Present Gift Card holder Using DoodleCharms

I wanted to make a gift card holder, but not the traditional square one, so after a few experiments and a couple of cuts I came up with this:


Once all the measuring was done, it was really easy!
I used the present from page 109 from the DoodleCharms Cricut Cartridge.
All sizes are 5 3/4.
My first cut was on purple card stock I used the black out feature
Second cut was the Present pattern paper which I cut the regular icon button.
Third cut was using the circle pattern paper which I cut using the shift plus the icon button which cut the bow and the tag, and then I cut it again on the purple card stock because I wanted my tag puprle.

I snipped the top of the present box and the bow off the tops and adhered the present top down, then I used the other bow and glued that down. When gluing the bottom of the present down, only glue the sides leaving a pocket for the gift card. Next stamp the tag, add your ribbon and your done!


Check out how it is really made!

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Your instructions are nice and clear. I give a lot of gift cards and am always looking for unique ways to present them. This is perfect! Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial, it's a great idea... nice to hear your voice :) and your present gift card holder is very clever, love it. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete